Sunday, September 25, 2005

We went to a New Jersey record fair today. We bought vinyl because it sounds so great at our cabin; that's where we're slowly moving all vinyl to. (It's cool because it's like discovering those albums all over again, something I'm always hoping to find ways to do. I so wish I could somehow do this with my cassettes, but I think they are on their way to the grave. Oh, and we almost bought an 8-track at a garage sale today too, but that's another story.) We got: "Getz/Gilberto," "The Complete Art Tatum Piano Discoveries," "Curtis Mayfield: His Early Years with the Impressions," Ray Charles' "Modern Sounds in Country & Western Music," and Joni's "Mingus" which I'd just never gotten around to. But we can't play 'em right now because we aren't up there where the turntable is. One of the greatest things my mom ever said to me was when we were in England in the 80s, and I had bought this Marshall Crenshaw 45 ("Cynical Girl" b/w "You're My Favorite Waste of Time") but of course I couldn't play it 'till I got home, and she said "I know if you could play that with your teeth, you would."

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You get a steady stream of comment spam, don't you? For some reason, that doesn't happen on any of my Weblogs, and I don't know why. I'm sorry that it keeps happening to you.

1:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home