Saturday, October 01, 2005

Besides fuelling, aiding and abetting my love for country music, CMT.com is good way to hear new stuff. Their Listening Parties section streams whole albums; you can not only hear the new Toby Keith, if you are so inclined, but you can also hear less mainstream artists like Kathleen Edwards (country-rock) and Adrienne Young (country-bluegrass). They also have "artist programmed" radio stations which can be very interesting; I don't know how much input the artist actually has, but I do know that I discovered the Ziggy Marley song "Beautiful Day" on the Jessi Colter station! I listened to the new Gretchen Wilson there, but I only had to do so once, because some nice folks picked it up for me at Wal-Mart yesterday, and I was leaping about, because it included a special bonus CD ("5-Mo-Fo-Ya") with some live tracks and miscellany. Fave song on the new album so far is "One Bud Wiser": "I'm one Bud wiser/than I was a minute ago/I found an equalizer/that makes his memory a no-show." Oh, and there's a bonus track of the old standard "Good Morning Heartache," which she nails. Love ya, Gretch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home