Monday, October 24, 2005

Well, this worked, sort of. I kept thinking, oh, I haven't posted for a while, but I can't until I work on that song some more, because I told the blog I would! So I sat down to attempt to finish it, and I think I might have. I repeated the first verse at the end, which I don't like to do (I think I've only ever done that once before) but it sort of works here. The song's called "Light Blue Love" and it's about a flighty summer romance, and it originated so totally during the time of Exile in Guyville, and now kind of picks up where Liz picked up again at "It's Sweet." Here's the first verse, and imagine it with what I've always called "My Chords." (A descending progression found in, for example, "Tears of a Clown" and Three Dog Night's "Shambala"; I should really make a list of songs with "My Chords." I described them in a long-ago journal as the sound of someone crawling towards, then away, then towards, then away from you.)

Hold my hand but don't overdo it
Take my heart but don't listen to it
Give me some of your light blue love
Love me like a cloud going by let me lie here
With my eyes shut

Wherever it may have come from, when I play it I feel that movement that a song needs to stay alive with me. It needs a little more polishing and then we'll see. I've polished and then tossed before. I've got ideas for the other four songs, but in my typical fashion I feel like I gotta finish this one before moving on, but I'm going to force myself to get over that.

I'm going to spend some time listening to this radio station!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home