Saturday, February 10, 2007

Well, I think I'm going to stop this here blog, which is barely a blog, and MOG. Because over there folks pretty much talk about music stuff, which is pretty much what I do here, and I think I'd do it more often if I knew I had to keep up with my fellow Moggers! But as my last Blogger act, I'm going to answer to Ms. Paula's "tag"! The deal is, I post 6 odd things about myself, and then "tag" 6 others to do the same, sending them the link to this page. I've only got 3 folks to tag so far, so I guess I'll add the other 3 gradually. (I certainly answered the "tag" gradually.) Anyways.

Six "odd" things about me:
1. I like to go to fast food restaurants by myself, and sit for a while and eat something bad for me, and read the New Yorker.
2. Almost every time I send an email, I go into my "sent" folder, and read the email I just sent.
3. I take country music, the high and the low of it, very seriously. My favorite TV show is "Opry Live," which I watch with rapture and wonderment.
4. I was made fun of in grade school sometimes...one thing that really stayed with me is in 6th grade some kids called me "Pointdexter." I remember the main kid who was doing this had an "I'm With Stupid" T-shirt that he wore, it seemed to me, every day. I don't feel so bad about it now.
5. I have a thing about Sanrio (the Hello Kitty company) characters, specifically the black googly-eyed cat Chococat. I collect Chococat items.
6. I saved and framed the announcement from my first "real" gig (at CBs Gallery). In the frame next to the listing I stuck an illustration that had accompanied a NY Times editorial about Chelsea Clinton, that showed a teenage girl looking wistfully out of a window. The things seemed to go together. The little collage has lived on top of my dresser since then.

Anyways, here's the MOG page...you can find me over there from now on!

4 Comments:

Blogger komfo,amonan said...

Re no. 6: I think I was at your first gig! -- It will take me a year to tag six bloggers. Besides you and Paula, I only know three. I'll have to tag people I don't know.

5:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was told that Chococat was made to resemble me. -Saro

9:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Goodbye, Afterwork Breeze! I will need to check out this "MOG" thang!

Incidentally, I immediately re-read my "sent" emails, too (sometimes more than once) and I have a shameful fast food-and-magazine habit as well.

12:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When you look in the Sent folder, do you ever find horrible content that you did not mean to send?

12:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home