Tuesday, January 03, 2006

So, to reiterate, the March 5 are the 5 songs that I said I'd write by March. I think I know what they will be. Of course, these could be supplanted at any time by better ones.
1. Wake Up Crying
2. Light Blue Love (done; one line might be adjusted)
3. Afterwork Breeze
4. Hang Out with Me Tonight
5. I Thought My Secret Was You
So, OK!
The last one is no more than a title and and idea.
There are more ideas should these fail.
When you look at it this way, that you're really going to try to make something out of the idea, each idea seems viable.
Imagine having attempted to make a song out of every single scrap of everything, every note scribbled on a post-it with now-fuzzy adhesive that's stuck in a drawer. Having exhausted everything might actually be good. The big trick is, if you're working on something and it's coming out bad, pulling out and retrying, putting aside the bad jacket you put around the good idea.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home